Metaled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MetaledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Metal
• MetalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The broken stone used in macadamizing roads and ballasting railroads.
- (v. t.) To cover with metal; as, to metal a ships bottom; to metal a road.
- (n.) The effective power or caliber of guns carried by a vessel of war.
- (n.) Courage; spirit; mettle. See Mettle.
- (n.) Glass in a state of fusion.
- (n.) An elementary substance, as sodium, calcium, or copper, whose oxide or hydroxide has basic rather than acid properties, as contrasted with the nonmetals, or metalloids. No sharp line can be drawn between the metals and nonmetals, and certain elements partake of both acid and basic qualities, as chromium, manganese, bismuth, etc.
- (n.) The rails of a railroad.
- (n.) A mine from which ores are taken.
- (n.) Ore from which a metal is derived; -- so called by miners.
- (n.) The substance of which anything is made; material; hence, constitutional disposition; character; temper.