Methodist Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MethodistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of an ancient school of physicians who rejected observation and founded their practice on reasoning and theory.
- (n.) One who observes method.
- (n.) One of a sect of Christians, the outgrowth of a small association called the "Holy Club," formed at Oxford University, A.D. 1729, of which the most conspicuous members were John Wesley and his brother Charles; -- originally so called from the methodical strictness of members of the club in all religious duties.
- (n.) A person of strict piety; one who lives in the exact observance of religious duties; -- sometimes so called in contempt or ridicule.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the sect of Methodists; as, Methodist hymns; a Methodist elder.
• MethodisticDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Alt. of Methodistical
• MethodisticalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to methodists, or to the Methodists.