Mode Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ModeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Prevailing popular custom; fashion, especially in the phrase the mode.
- (n.) Any combination of qualities or relations, considered apart from the substance to which they belong, and treated as entities; more generally, condition, or state of being; manner or form of arrangement or manifestation; form, as opposed to matter.
- (n.) The scale as affected by the various positions in it of the minor intervals; as, the Dorian mode, the Ionic mode, etc., of ancient Greek music.
- (n.) Manner of doing or being; method; form; fashion; custom; way; style; as, the mode of speaking; the mode of dressing.
- (n.) The form in which the proposition connects the predicate and subject, whether by simple, contingent, or necessary assertion; the form of the syllogism, as determined by the quantity and quality of the constituent proposition; mood.
- (n.) Same as Mood.
- (n.) Variety; gradation; degree.
- (n.) A kind of silk. See Alamode, n.
• ModerableDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Modeate; temperate.
• ModeneseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Modena or its inhabitants.
- (n. sing. & pl.) A native or inhabitant of Modena; the people of Modena.