Moderate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ModerateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Limited as to the degree in which a quality, principle, or faculty appears; as, an infusion of moderate strength; a man of moderate abilities.
- (v. i.) To preside as a moderator.
- (a.) Limited as to degree of progress; as, to travel at moderate speed.
- (a.) Not violent or rigorous; temperate; mild; gentle; as, a moderate winter.
- (a.) Limited in degree of activity, energy, or excitement; reasonable; calm; slow; as, moderate language; moderate endeavors.
- (n.) One of a party in the Church of Scotland in the 18th century, and part of the 19th, professing moderation in matters of church government, in discipline, and in doctrine.
- (a.) Limited in scope or effects; as, a reformation of a moderate kind.
- (v. t.) To restrain from excess of any kind; to reduce from a state of violence, intensity, or excess; to keep within bounds; to make temperate; to lessen; to allay; to repress; to temper; to qualify; as, to moderate rage, action, desires, etc.; to moderate heat or wind.
- (v. t.) To preside over, direct, or regulate, as a public meeting; as, to moderate a synod.
- (a.) Limited in quantity; sparing; temperate; frugal; as, moderate in eating or drinking; a moderate table.
- (a.) Kept within due bounds; observing reasonable limits; not excessive, extreme, violent, or rigorous; limited; restrained
- (v. i.) To become less violent, severe, rigorous, or intense; as, the wind has moderated.
- (a.) Not extreme in opinion, in partisanship, and the like; as, a moderate Calvinist.
• ModeratelyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a moderate manner or degree; to a moderate extent.
• ModeratenessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality or state of being moderate; temperateness; moderation.