Monarch Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MonarchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One superior to all others of the same kind; as, an oak is called the monarch of the forest.
- (n.) A very large red and black butterfly (Danais Plexippus); -- called also milkweed butterfly.
- (n.) A sole or supreme ruler; a sovereign; the highest ruler; an emperor, king, queen, prince, or chief.
- (a.) Superior to others; preeminent; supreme; ruling.
- (n.) A patron deity or presiding genius.
• MonarchessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A female monarch.
• MonarchianDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of a sect in the early Christian church which rejected the doctrine of the Trinity; -- called also patripassian.