Moot Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MootDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A meeting for discussion and deliberation; esp., a meeting of the people of a village or district, in Anglo-Saxon times, for the discussion and settlement of matters of common interest; -- usually in composition; as, folk-moot.
- (n.) A ring for gauging wooden pins.
- () of Mot
- (v. t.) To argue for and against; to debate; to discuss; to propose for discussion.
- (v. t.) Specifically: To discuss by way of exercise; to argue for practice; to propound and discuss in a mock court.
- (v. i.) To argue or plead in a supposed case.
- (v.) A discussion or debate; especially, a discussion of fictitious causes by way of practice.
- (v.) See 1st Mot.
- (a.) Subject, or open, to argument or discussion; undecided; debatable; mooted.
• Moot-houseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A hall for public meetings; a hall of judgment.
• MootedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Moot