Mother Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MotherDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A film or membrane which is developed on the surface of fermented alcoholic liquids, such as vinegar, wine, etc., and acts as a means of conveying the oxygen of the air to the alcohol and other combustible principles of the liquid, thus leading to their oxidation.
- (n.) Hysterical passion; hysteria.
- (n.) That which has produced or nurtured anything; source of birth or origin; generatrix.
- (n.) An old woman or matron.
- (a.) Received by birth or from ancestors; native, natural; as, mother language; also acting the part, or having the place of a mother; producing others; originating.
- (n.) A female parent; especially, one of the human race; a woman who has borne a child.
- (n.) The female superior or head of a religious house, as an abbess, etc.
- (v. i.) To become like, or full of, mother, or thick matter, as vinegar.
- (v. t.) To adopt as a son or daughter; to perform the duties of a mother to.
• MotherwortDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A labiate herb (Leonurus Cardiaca), of a bitter taste, used popularly in medicine; lions tail.
- (n.) The mugwort. See Mugwort.
• MotherlessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Destitute of a mother; having lost a mother; as, motherless children.