Mount Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MountDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) A mass of earth, or earth and rock, rising considerably above the common surface of the surrounding land; a mountain; a high hill; -- used always instead of mountain, when put before a proper name; as, Mount Washington; otherwise, chiefly in poetry.
- (v.) A bank; a fund.
- (v. t.) To raise aloft; to lift on high.
- (v.) A bulwark for offense or defense; a mound.
- (v.) A horse.
- (v.) That upon which a person or thing is mounted
- (v. t.) To cause to mount; to put on horseback; to furnish with animals for riding; to furnish with horses.
- (v.) The cardboard or cloth on which a drawing, photograph, or the like is mounted; a mounting.
- (n.) To attain in value; to amount.
- (v. t.) To get upon; to ascend; to climb.
- (n.) To get up on anything, as a platform or scaffold; especially, to seat ones self on a horse for riding.
- (v. t.) To place ones self on, as a horse or other animal, or anything that one sits upon; to bestride.
- (n.) To rise on high; to go up; to be upraised or uplifted; to tower aloft; to ascend; -- often with up.
- (v. t.) Hence: To put upon anything that sustains and fits for use, as a gun on a carriage, a map or picture on cloth or paper; to prepare for being worn or otherwise used, as a diamond by setting, or a sword blade by adding the hilt, scabbard, etc.
- (n.) Any one of seven fleshy prominences in the palm of the hand which are taken as significant of the influence of "planets," and called the mounts of Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, the Moon, Saturn, the Sun or Apollo, and Venus.
• MountableDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Such as can be mounted.
• MountanceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Amount; sum; quantity; extent.