Mountebank Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MountebankDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To play the mountebank.
- (v. t.) To cheat by boasting and false pretenses; to gull.
- (n.) One who mounts a bench or stage in the market or other public place, boasts of his skill in curing diseases, and vends medicines which he pretends are infalliable remedies; a quack doctor.
- (n.) Any boastful or false pretender; a charlatan; a quack.
• MountebankismDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The practices of a mountebank; mountebankery.