Murmuring Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MurmuringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a. & n.) Uttering murmurs; making low sounds; complaining.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Murmur
• MurmurDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To utter or give forth in low or indistinct words or sounds; as, to murmur tales.
- (v. i.) A complaint half suppressed, or uttered in a low, muttering voice.
- (v. i.) To make a low continued noise, like the hum of bees, a stream of water, distant waves, or the wind in a forest.
- (v. i.) To utter complaints in a low, half-articulated voice; to feel or express dissatisfaction or discontent; to grumble; -- often with at or against.
- (v. i.) A low, confused, and indistinct sound, like that of running water.