Muse Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MuseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A particular power and practice of poetry.
- (v. t.) To wonder at.
- (n.) To be absent in mind; to be so occupied in study or contemplation as not to observe passing scenes or things present; to be in a brown study.
- (n.) Wonder, or admiration.
- (n.) A gap or hole in a hedge, hence, wall, or the like, through which a wild animal is accustomed to pass; a muset.
- (n.) To wonder.
- (n.) A poet; a bard.
- (n.) To think closely; to study in silence; to meditate.
- (v. t.) To think on; to meditate on.
- (n.) One of the nine goddesses who presided over song and the different kinds of poetry, and also the arts and sciences; -- often used in the plural.
- (n.) Contemplation which abstracts the mind from passing scenes; absorbing thought; hence, absence of mind; a brown study.
• MusetteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A small bagpipe formerly in use, having a soft and sweet tone.
- (n.) An air adapted to this instrument; also, a kind of rustic dance.