Oblate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• OblateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Flattened or depressed at the poles; as, the earth is an oblate spheroid.
- (a.) One of an association of priests or religious women who have offered themselves to the service of the church. There are three such associations of priests, and one of women, called oblates.
- (a.) One of the Oblati.
- (a.) Offered up; devoted; consecrated; dedicated; -- used chiefly or only in the titles of Roman Catholic orders. See Oblate, n.
• OblatenessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality or state of being oblate.