Occasion Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• OccasionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An occurrence or condition of affairs which brings with it some unlooked-for event; that which incidentally brings to pass an event, without being its efficient cause or sufficient reason; accidental or incidental cause.
- (v. t.) To give occasion to; to cause; to produce; to induce; as, to occasion anxiety.
- (n.) A falling out, happening, or coming to pass; hence, that which falls out or happens; occurrence; incident.
- (n.) Need; exigency; requirement; necessity; as, I have no occasion for firearms.
- (n.) A favorable opportunity; a convenient or timely chance; convenience.
- (n.) A reason or excuse; a motive; a persuasion.
• OccasionableDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Capable of being occasioned or caused.