Overhanging Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• OverhangingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Overhang
• OverhangDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To impend or hang over.
- (v. t.) To hang over; to jut or project over.
- (n.) Specifically: The projection of an upper part (as a roof, an upper story, or other part) of a building beyond the lower part; as, the overhang of a roof, of the eaves, etc.
- (n.) The portion of the bow or stem of a vessel that projects over the water beyond the water line.
- (v. i.) To jut over.
- (n.) The projection of a part beyond another part that is directly below it, or beyond a part by which it is supported; as, the overhang of a shaft; i. e., its projection beyond its bearing.
- (n.) In a general sense, that which just out or projects; a projection; also, the measure of the projection; as, the overhang is five feet.