Oyster Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• OysterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A name popularly given to the delicate morsel contained in a small cavity of the bone on each side of the lower part of the back of a fowl.
- (n.) Any marine bivalve mollusk of the genus Ostrea. They are usually found adhering to rocks or other fixed objects in shallow water along the seacoasts, or in brackish water in the mouth of rivers. The common European oyster (Ostrea edulis), and the American oyster (Ostrea Virginiana), are the most important species.
• Oyster-greenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A green membranous seaweed (Ulva) often found growing on oysters but common on stones, piles, etc.