Pale Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PaleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A space or field having bounds or limits; a limited region or place; an inclosure; -- often used figuratively.
- (n.) A cheese scoop.
- (n.) One of the greater ordinaries, being a broad perpendicular stripe in an escutcheon, equally distant from the two edges, and occupying one third of it.
- (v. i.) To turn pale; to lose color or luster.
- (n.) A stripe or band, as on a garment.
- (n.) That which incloses or fences in; a boundary; a limit; a fence; a palisade.
- (n.) A pointed stake or slat, either driven into the ground, or fastened to a rail at the top and bottom, for fencing or inclosing; a picket.
- (v. i.) Not bright or brilliant; of a faint luster or hue; dim; as, the pale light of the moon.
- (v. i.) Wanting in color; not ruddy; dusky white; pallid; wan; as, a pale face; a pale red; a pale blue.
- (n.) Paleness; pallor.
- (n.) A shore for bracing a timber before it is fastened.
- (v. t.) To make pale; to diminish the brightness of.
- (v. t.) To inclose with pales, or as with pales; to encircle; to encompass; to fence off.
• PaleaeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Palea