Paragraph Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ParagraphDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Originally, a marginal mark or note, set in the margin to call attention to something in the text, e. g., a change of subject; now, the character /, commonly used in the text as a reference mark to a footnote, or to indicate the place of a division into sections.
- (v. t.) To express in the compass of a paragraph; as, to paragraph an article.
- (v. t.) To divide into paragraphs; to mark with the character /.
- (v. t.) To mention in a paragraph or paragraphs
- (n.) A brief composition complete in one typographical section or paragraph; an item, remark, or quotation comprised in a few lines forming one paragraph; as, a column of news paragraphs; an editorial paragraph.
- (n.) A distinct part of a discourse or writing; any section or subdivision of a writing or chapter which relates to a particular point, whether consisting of one or many sentences. The division is sometimes noted by the mark /, but usually, by beginning the first sentence of the paragraph on a new line and at more than the usual distance from the margin.
• ParagraphicalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Pertaining to, or consisting of, a paragraph or paragraphs.