Paraphrase Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ParaphraseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A restatement of a text, passage, or work, expressing the meaning of the original in another form, generally for the sake of its clearer and fuller exposition; a setting forth the signification of a text in other and ampler terms; a free translation or rendering; -- opposed to metaphrase.
- (v. t.) To express, interpret, or translate with latitude; to give the meaning of a passage in other language.
- (v. i.) To make a paraphrase.
• ParaphraserDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who paraphrases.