Parrying Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ParryingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Parry
• ParryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To ward off; to stop, or to turn aside; as, to parry a thrust, a blow, or anything that means or threatens harm.
- (v. i.) To ward off, evade, or turn aside something, as a blow, argument, etc.
- (n.) A warding off of a thrust or blow, as in sword and bayonet exercises or in boxing; hence, figuratively, a defensive movement in debate or other intellectual encounter.
- (v. t.) To avoid; to shift or put off; to evade.