Paste Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PasteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A soft composition, as of flour moistened with water or milk, or of earth moistened to the consistence of dough, as in making potters ware.
- (n.) A soft confection made of the inspissated juice of fruit, licorice, or the like, with sugar, etc.
- (v. t.) To unite with paste; to fasten or join by means of paste.
- (n.) Specifically, in cookery, a dough prepared for the crust of pies and the like; pastry dough.
- (n.) The mineral substance in which other minerals are imbedded.
- (n.) A highly refractive vitreous composition, variously colored, used in making imitations of precious stones or gems. See Strass.
- (n.) A kind of cement made of flour and water, starch and water, or the like, -- used for uniting paper or other substances, as in bookbinding, etc., -- also used in calico printing as a vehicle for mordant or color.
• PasteurismDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Pasteurization.
- (n.) A method of treatment, devised by Pasteur, for preventing certain diseases, as hydrophobia, by successive inoculations with an attenuated virus of gradually increasing strength.