Patron Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PatronDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To be a patron of; to patronize; to favor.
- (n.) A guardian saint. -- called also patron saint.
- (n.) See Padrone, 2.
- (n.) An advocate or pleader.
- (n.) A master who had freed his slave, but still retained some paternal rights over him.
- (n.) One who has gift and disposition of a benefice.
- (n.) A man of distinction under whose protection another person placed himself.
- (n.) One who protects, supports, or countenances; a defender.
- (n.) One who encourages or helps a person, a cause, or a work; a furtherer; a promoter; as, a patron of art.
- (a.) Doing the duty of a patron; giving aid or protection; tutelary.
• PatronalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Patron; protecting; favoring.
• PatronizerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who patronizes.