Peak Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PeakDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To rise or extend into a peak or point; to form, or appear as, a peak.
- (n.) The top, or one of the tops, of a hill, mountain, or range, ending in a point; often, the whole hill or mountain, esp. when isolated; as, the Peak of Teneriffe.
- (n.) The narrow part of a vessels bow, or the hold within it.
- (v. i.) To pry; to peep slyly.
- (v. i.) To acquire sharpness of figure or features; hence, to look thin or sicky.
- (v. t.) To raise to a position perpendicular, or more nearly so; as, to peak oars, to hold them upright; to peak a gaff or yard, to set it nearer the perpendicular.
- (n.) The extremity of an anchor fluke; the bill.
- (n.) The upper aftermost corner of a fore-and-aft sail; -- used in many combinations; as, peak-halyards, peak-brails, etc.
- (n.) A point; the sharp end or top of anything that terminates in a point; as, the peak, or front, of a cap.
• PeakyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Sickly; peaked.
- (a.) Having a peak or peaks.