Peat Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PeatDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A substance of vegetable origin, consisting of roots and fibers, moss, etc., in various stages of decomposition, and found, as a kind of turf or bog, usually in low situations, where it is always more or less saturated with water. It is often dried and used for fuel.
- (n.) A small person; a pet; -- sometimes used contemptuously.
• PeatyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Composed of peat; abounding in peat; resembling peat.