Pensioned Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PensionedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pension
• PensionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A certain sum of money paid to a clergyman in lieu of tithes.
- (v. t.) To grant a pension to; to pay a regular stipend to; in consideration of service already performed; -- sometimes followed by off; as, to pension off a servant.
- (n.) A stated allowance to a person in consideration of past services; payment made to one retired from service, on account of age, disability, or other cause; especially, a regular stipend paid by a government to retired public officers, disabled soldiers, the families of soldiers killed in service, or to meritorious authors, or the like.
- (n.) A payment; a tribute; something paid or given.
- (n.) A boarding house or boarding school in France, Belgium, Switzerland, etc.