People Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PeopleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Ones subjects; fellow citizens; companions; followers.
- (n.) Persons, generally; an indefinite number of men and women; folks; population, or part of population; as, country people; -- sometimes used as an indefinite subject or verb, like on in French, and man in German; as, people in adversity.
- (n.) Ones ancestors or family; kindred; relations; as, my people were English.
- (v. t.) To stock with people or inhabitants; to fill as with people; to populate.
- (n.) The mass of comunity as distinguished from a special class; the commonalty; the populace; the vulgar; the common crowd; as, nobles and people.
- (n.) The body of persons who compose a community, tribe, nation, or race; an aggregate of individuals forming a whole; a community; a nation.
• PeoplelessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Destitute of people.
• Peoples bankDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A form of cooperative bank, such as those of Germany; -- a term loosely used for various forms of cooperative financial institutions.