Phylacteries Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PhylacteriesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Phylactery
• PhylacteryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A small square box, made either of parchment or of black calfskin, containing slips of parchment or vellum on which are written the scriptural passages Exodus xiii. 2-10, and 11-17, Deut. vi. 4-9, 13-22. They are worn by Jews on the head and left arm, on week-day mornings, during the time of prayer.
- (n.) Any charm or amulet worn as a preservative from danger or disease.
- (n.) Among the primitive Christians, a case in which the relics of the dead were inclosed.