Pi Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PiDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A Greek letter (/, /) corresponding to the Roman letter P.
- (n.) Specif.: (Math.) The letter /, /, as used to denote the number or quotient approximately expressing the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter; also, the quotient or the ratio itself. The value of the quotient pi, to eight decimal places, is 3.14159265. The quotient pi cannot be expressed as a root of an algebraic equation; and from this fact follows the impossibility of the quadrature of the circle by purely algebraic processes, or by the aid of a ruler and compass.
- (n.) A mass of type confusedly mixed or unsorted.
- (v. t.) To put into a mixed and disordered condition, as type; to mix and disarrange the type of; as, to pi a form.
• PialDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Pertaining to the pia mater.