Piled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PiledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having a pile or point; pointed.
- (a.) Having a pile or nap.
- (a.) Formed from a pile or fagot; as, piled iron.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pile
• PileDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To drive piles into; to fill with piles; to strengthen with piles.
- (n.) A funeral pile; a pyre.
- (n.) The head of an arrow or spear.
- (n.) A hair; hence, the fiber of wool, cotton, and the like; also, the nap when thick or heavy, as of carpeting and velvet.
- (v. t.) To lay or throw into a pile or heap; to heap up; to collect into a mass; to accumulate; to amass; -- often with up; as, to pile up wood.
- (n.) Same as Fagot, n., 2.
- (n.) A large stake, or piece of timber, pointed and driven into the earth, as at the bottom of a river, or in a harbor where the ground is soft, for the support of a building, a pier, or other superstructure, or to form a cofferdam, etc.
- (n.) A covering of hair or fur.
- (v. t.) To cover with heaps; or in great abundance; to fill or overfill; to load.
- (n.) One of the ordinaries or subordinaries having the form of a wedge, usually placed palewise, with the broadest end uppermost.
- (n.) A large building, or mass of buildings.
- (n.) A vertical series of alternate disks of two dissimilar metals, as copper and zinc, laid up with disks of cloth or paper moistened with acid water between them, for producing a current of electricity; -- commonly called Voltas pile, voltaic pile, or galvanic pile.
- (n.) A mass formed in layers; as, a pile of shot.
- (n.) The reverse of a coin. See Reverse.
- (n.) A mass of things heaped together; a heap; as, a pile of stones; a pile of wood.