Pinna Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PinnaDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of the divisions of a pinnate part or organ.
- (n.) The auricle of the ear. See Ear.
- (n.) A leaflet of a pinnate leaf. See Illust. of Bipinnate leaf, under Bipinnate.
- (n.) One of the primary divisions of a decompound leaf.
- (n.) Any species of Pinna, a genus of large bivalve mollusks found in all warm seas. The byssus consists of a large number of long, silky fibers, which have been used in manufacturing woven fabrics, as a curiosity.
• PinnatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Consisting of several leaflets, or separate portions, arranged on each side of a common petiole, as the leaves of a rosebush, a hickory, or an ash. See Abruptly pinnate, and Illust., under Abruptly.
- (a.) Having a winglike tuft of long feathers on each side of the neck.
• PinnaceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A man-of-wars boat.
- (n.) A small vessel propelled by sails or oars, formerly employed as a tender, or for coast defence; -- called originally, spynace or spyne.
- (n.) A procuress; a pimp.