Pipe Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PipeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To call or direct, as a crew, by the boatswains whistle.
- (n.) The key or sound of the voice.
- (n.) A wind instrument of music, consisting of a tube or tubes of straw, reed, wood, or metal; any tube which produces musical sounds; as, a shepherds pipe; the pipe of an organ.
- (n.) The bagpipe; as, the pipes of Lucknow.
- (v. i.) To emit or have a shrill sound like that of a pipe; to whistle.
- (n.) The peeping whistle, call, or note of a bird.
- (n.) A roll formerly used in the English exchequer, otherwise called the Great Roll, on which were taken down the accounts of debts to the king; -- so called because put together like a pipe.
- (v. i.) To become hollow in the process of solodifying; -- said of an ingot, as of steel.
- (v. t.) To furnish or equip with pipes; as, to pipe an engine, or a building.
- (n.) A small bowl with a hollow steam, -- used in smoking tobacco, and, sometimes, other substances.
- (v. t.) To perform, as a tune, by playing on a pipe, flute, fife, etc.; to utter in the shrill tone of a pipe.
- (n.) Any long tube or hollow body of wood, metal, earthenware, or the like: especially, one used as a conductor of water, steam, gas, etc.
- (n.) A passageway for the air in speaking and breathing; the windpipe, or one of its divisions.
- (n.) A cask usually containing two hogsheads, or 126 wine gallons; also, the quantity which it contains.
- (n.) A boatswains whistle, used to call the crew to their duties; also, the sound of it.
- (v. i.) To play on a pipe, fife, flute, or other tubular wind instrument of music.
- (n.) An elongated body or vein of ore.
- (v. i.) To call, convey orders, etc., by means of signals on a pipe or whistle carried by a boatswain.
• PipedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pipe
- (a.) Formed with a pipe; having pipe or pipes; tubular.
• PipelayingDefinition & Meaning in English
- () Alt. of Pipe laying