Plane Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PlaneDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) Of a boat, to lift more or less out of the water while in motion, after the manner of a hydroplane; to hydroplane.
- (a.) To make smooth; to level; to pare off the inequalities of the surface of, as of a board or other piece of wood, by the use of a plane; as, to plane a plank.
- (n.) Any tree of the genus Platanus.
- (a.) Without elevations or depressions; even; level; flat; lying in, or constituting, a plane; as, a plane surface.
- (a.) A tool for smoothing boards or other surfaces of wood, for forming moldings, etc. It consists of a smooth-soled stock, usually of wood, from the under side or face of which projects slightly the steel cutting edge of a chisel, called the iron, which inclines backward, with an apperture in front for the escape of shavings; as, the jack plane; the smoothing plane; the molding plane, etc.
- (a.) A block or plate having a perfectly flat surface, used as a standard of flatness; a surface plate.
- (a.) A surface, real or imaginary, in which, if any two points are taken, the straight line which joins them lies wholly in that surface; or a surface, any section of which by a like surface is a straight line; a surface without curvature.
- (a.) An ideal surface, conceived as coinciding with, or containing, some designated astronomical line, circle, or other curve; as, the plane of an orbit; the plane of the ecliptic, or of the equator.
- (a.) Figuratively, to make plain or smooth.
- (a.) To efface or remove.
• Planet-strickenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Alt. of Planet-struck
• PlanetedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Belonging to planets.