Planking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PlankingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of laying planks; also, planks, collectively; a series of planks in place, as the wooden covering of the frame of a vessel.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Plank
- (n.) The act of splicing slivers. See Plank, v. t., 4.
• PlankDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A broad piece of sawed timber, differing from a board only in being thicker. See Board.
- (v. t.) To lay down, as on a plank or table; to stake or pay cash; as, to plank money in a wager.
- (v. t.) To splice together the ends of slivers of wool, for subsequent drawing.
- (v. t.) To harden, as hat bodies, by felting.
- (n.) Fig.: That which supports or upholds, as a board does a swimmer.
- (v. t.) To cover or lay with planks; as, to plank a floor or a ship.
- (n.) One of the separate articles in a declaration of the principles of a party or cause; as, a plank in the national platform.