Plot Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PlotDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To form a scheme of mischief against another, especially against a government or those who administer it; to conspire.
- (v. i.) To contrive a plan or stratagem; to scheme.
- (n.) A plan; a purpose.
- (n.) A plantation laid out.
- (n.) A plan or draught of a field, farm, estate, etc., drawn to a scale.
- (n.) A share in such a plot or scheme; a participation in any stratagem or conspiracy.
- (v. t.) To make a plot, map, pr plan, of; to mark the position of on a plan; to delineate.
- (v. t.) To plan; to scheme; to devise; to contrive secretly.
- (n.) Any scheme, stratagem, secret design, or plan, of a complicated nature, adapted to the accomplishment of some purpose, usually a treacherous and mischievous one; a conspiracy; an intrigue; as, the Rye-house Plot.
- (n.) A small extent of ground; a plat; as, a garden plot.
- (n.) Contrivance; deep reach of thought; ability to plot or intrigue.
- (n.) In fiction, the story of a play, novel, romance, or poem, comprising a complication of incidents which are gradually unfolded, sometimes by unexpected means.
• PlottedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Plot