Plumed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PlumedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Plume
• PlumDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Something likened to a plum in desirableness; a good or choice thing of its kind, as among appointments, positions, parts of a book, etc.
- (n.) A grape dried in the sun; a raisin.
- (n.) A handsome fortune or property; formerly, in cant language, the sum of ú100,000 sterling; also, the person possessing it.
- (n.) The edible drupaceous fruit of the Prunus domestica, and of several other species of Prunus; also, the tree itself, usually called plum tree.
• PlumeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) A token of honor or prowess; that on which one prides himself; a prize or reward.
- (v.) A feather, or group of feathers, worn as an ornament; a waving ornament of hair, or other material resembling feathers.
- (v.) An ornamental tuft of feathers.
- (v.) A feather; esp., a soft, downy feather, or a long, conspicuous, or handsome feather.
- (v.) A large and flexible panicle of inflorescence resembling a feather, such as is seen in certain large ornamental grasses.
- (v. t.) To adorn with feathers or plumes.
- (v. t.) To strip of feathers; to pluck; to strip; to pillage; also, to peel.
- (v. t.) To pick and adjust the plumes or feathers of; to dress or prink.
- (v. t.) To pride; to vaunt; to boast; -- used reflexively; as, he plumes himself on his skill.