Postulate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PostulateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To take without express consent; to assume.
- (n.) The enunciation of a self-evident problem, in distinction from an axiom, which is the enunciation of a self-evident theorem.
- (v. t.) To beg, or assume without proof; as, to postulate conclusions.
- (v. t.) To invite earnestly; to solicit.
- (a.) Postulated.
- (n.) Something demanded or asserted; especially, a position or supposition assumed without proof, or one which is considered as self-evident; a truth to which assent may be demanded or challenged, without argument or evidence.
• PostulatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Assumed without proof; as, a postulated inference.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Postulate