Powder Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PowderDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The fine particles to which any dry substance is reduced by pounding, grinding, or triturating, or into which it falls by decay; dust.
- (v. t.) To reduce to fine particles; to pound, grind, or rub into a powder; to comminute; to pulverize; to triturate.
- (v. i.) To be reduced to powder; to become like powder; as, some salts powder easily.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle with salt; to corn, as meat.
- (v. i.) To use powder on the hair or skin; as, she paints and powders.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle with powder, or as with powder; to be sprinkle; as, to powder the hair.
- (n.) An explosive mixture used in gunnery, blasting, etc.; gunpowder. See Gunpowder.
• PowderflaskDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A flask in which gunpowder is carried, having a charging tube at the end.