Prayed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PrayedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pray
• PrayDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To effect or accomplish by praying; as, to pray a soul out of purgatory.
- (v. t.) To ask earnestly for; to seek to obtain by supplication; to entreat for.
- (v. i.) To make request with earnestness or zeal, as for something desired; to make entreaty or supplication; to offer prayer to a deity or divine being as a religious act; specifically, to address the Supreme Being with adoration, confession, supplication, and thanksgiving.
- (v. t.) To address earnest request to; to supplicate; to entreat; to implore; to beseech.
- (n. & v.) See Pry.