Predicate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PredicateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To found; to base.
- (v. t.) To assert to belong to something; to affirm (one thing of another); as, to predicate whiteness of snow.
- (a.) Predicated.
- (v. t.) The word or words in a proposition which express what is affirmed of the subject.
- (v. t.) That which is affirmed or denied of the subject. In these propositions, "Paper is white," "Ink is not white," whiteness is the predicate affirmed of paper and denied of ink.
- (v. i.) To affirm something of another thing; to make an affirmation.
• PredicatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Predicate