Prefix Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PrefixDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which is prefixed; esp., one or more letters or syllables combined or united with the beginning of a word to modify its signification; as, pre- in prefix, con- in conjure.
- (v. t.) To put or fix before, or at the beginning of, another thing; as, to prefix a syllable to a word, or a condition to an agreement.
- (v. t.) To set or appoint beforehand; to settle or establish antecedently.
• PrefixingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Prefix