Preluded Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PreludedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Prelude
• PreludeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To serve as prelude to; to precede as introductory.
- (v. t.) To introduce with a previous performance; to play or perform a prelude to; as, to prelude a concert with a lively air.
- (v. i.) To play an introduction or prelude; to give a prefatory performance; to serve as prelude.
- (v. t.) An introductory performance, preceding and preparing for the principal matter; a preliminary part, movement, strain, etc.; especially (Mus.), a strain introducing the theme or chief subject; a movement introductory to a fugue, yet independent; -- with recent composers often synonymous with overture.