Prevailed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PrevailedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Prevail
• PrevailDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To overcome; to gain the victory or superiority; to gain the advantage; to have the upper hand, or the mastery; to succeed; -- sometimes with over or against.
- (v. i.) To persuade or induce; -- with on, upon, or with; as, I prevailedon him to wait.
- (v. i.) To be in force; to have effect, power, or influence; to be predominant; to have currency or prevalence; to obtain; as, the practice prevails this day.