Prevaricate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PrevaricateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To shift or turn from one side to the other, from the direct course, or from truth; to speak with equivocation; to shuffle; to quibble; as, he prevaricates in his statement.
- (v. i.) To collude, as where an informer colludes with the defendant, and makes a sham prosecution.
- (v. i.) To undertake a thing falsely and deceitfully, with the purpose of defeating or destroying it.
- (v. t.) To evade by a quibble; to transgress; to pervert.
• PrevaricatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Prevaricate