Prod Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ProdDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A pointed instrument for pricking or puncturing, as a goad, an awl, a skewer, etc.
- (v. t.) To thrust some pointed instrument into; to prick with something sharp; as, to prod a soldier with a bayonet; to prod oxen; hence, to goad, to incite, to worry; as, to prod a student.
- (n.) A prick or stab which a pointed instrument.
- (n.) A light kind of crossbow; -- in the sense, often spelled prodd.
• ProDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) A Latin preposition signifying for, before, forth.
- (adv.) For, on, or in behalf of, the affirmative side; -- in contrast with con.
• ProddDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A crossbow. See Prod, 3.
• ProdigalityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Extravagance in expenditure, particularly of money; excessive liberality; profusion; waste; -- opposed to frugality, economy, and parsimony.