Project Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ProjectDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To form a project; to scheme.
- (n.) That which is projected or designed; something intended or devised; a scheme; a design; a plan.
- (v. i.) To shoot forward; to extend beyond something else; to be prominent; to jut; as, the cornice projects; branches project from the tree.
- (n.) The place from which a thing projects, or starts forth.
- (v. t.) To draw or exhibit, as the form of anything; to delineate; as, to project a sphere, a map, an ellipse, and the like; -- sometimes with on, upon, into, etc.; as, to project a line or point upon a plane. See Projection, 4.
- (v. t.) To cast forward or revolve in the mind; to contrive; to devise; to scheme; as, to project a plan.
- (n.) An idle scheme; an impracticable design; as, a man given to projects.
- (v. t.) To throw or cast forward; to shoot forth.
• ProjectingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Project