Pronouncing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PronouncingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Pertaining to, or indicating, pronunciation; as, a pronouncing dictionary.
• PronounceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To give a pronunciation; to articulate; as, to pronounce faultlessly.
- (v. i.) To make declaration; to utter on opinion; to speak with confidence.
- (v. t.) To utter officially or solemnly; to deliver, as a decree or sentence; as, to pronounce sentence of death.
- (v. t.) To utter articulately; to speak out or distinctly; to utter, as words or syllables; to speak with the proper sound and accent as, adults rarely learn to pronounce a foreign language correctly.
- (v. t.) To speak or utter rhetorically; to deliver; to recite; as, to pronounce an oration.
- (n.) Pronouncement; declaration; pronunciation.
- (v. t.) To declare or affirm; as, he pronounced the book to be a libel; he pronounced the act to be a fraud.