Proposition Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PropositionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A statement in terms of a truth to be demonstrated, or of an operation to be performed.
- (n.) A statement of religious doctrine; an article of faith; creed; as, the propositions of Wyclif and Huss.
- (n.) That which is proposed; that which is offered, as for consideration, acceptance, or adoption; a proposal; as, the enemy made propositions of peace; his proposition was not accepted.
- (n.) A complete sentence, or part of a sentence consisting of a subject and predicate united by a copula; a thought expressed or propounded in language; a from of speech in which a predicate is affirmed or denied of a subject; as, snow is white.
- (n.) That which is offered or affirmed as the subject of the discourse; anything stated or affirmed for discussion or illustration.
- (n.) The part of a poem in which the author states the subject or matter of it.
- (n.) The act of setting or placing before; the act of offering.
• PropositionalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Pertaining to, or in the nature of, a proposition; considered as a proposition; as, a propositional sense.