Punch Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PunchDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A punch for making indentations or dots in a piece of work, as for suspension between lathe centers, etc.
- () A punch for punching holes in sheet metal, having a small conical center to insure correct locating.
- (n.) A short, fat fellow; anything short and thick.
- (n.) A thrust or blow.
- (n.) A prop, as for the roof of a mine.
- (n.) To perforate or stamp with an instrument by pressure, or a blow; as, to punch a hole; to punch ticket.
- (n.) A beverage composed of wine or distilled liquor, water (or milk), sugar, and the juice of lemon, with spice or mint; -- specifically named from the kind of spirit used; as rum punch, claret punch, champagne punch, etc.
- (v. t.) To thrust against; to poke; as, to punch one with the end of a stick or the elbow.
- (n.) The buffoon or harlequin of a puppet show.
- (n.) One of a breed of large, heavy draught horses; as, the Suffolk punch.
- (n.) A tool, usually of steel, variously shaped at one end for different uses, and either solid, for stamping or for perforating holes in metallic plates and other substances, or hollow and sharpedged, for cutting out blanks, as for buttons, steel pens, jewelry, and the like; a die.
- (n.) An extension piece applied to the top of a pile; a dolly.
• PunchingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Punch