Purchased Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PurchasedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Purchase
• PurchaseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To acquire wealth or property.
- (v. t.) To obtain by paying money or its equivalent; to buy for a price; as, to purchase land, or a house.
- (v. t.) That which is obtained for a price in money or its equivalent.
- (v. t.) To acquire by any means except descent or inheritance.
- (v. t.) The act of seeking and acquiring property.
- (v. t.) Any mechanical hold, or advantage, applied to the raising or removing of heavy bodies, as by a lever, a tackle, capstan, and the like; also, the apparatus, tackle, or device by which the advantage is gained.
- (v. t.) The acquisition of title to, or properly in, anything for a price; buying for money or its equivalent.
- (v. i.) To put forth effort to obtain anything; to strive; to exert ones self.
- (v. t.) To expiate by a fine or forfeit.
- (v. t.) To apply to (anything) a device for obtaining a mechanical advantage; to get a purchase upon, or apply a purchase to; as, to purchase a cannon.
- (v. t.) To obtain by any outlay, as of labor, danger, or sacrifice, etc.; as, to purchase favor with flattery.
- (v. t.) Acquisition of lands or tenements by other means than descent or inheritance, namely, by ones own act or agreement.
- (v. t.) To pursue and obtain; to acquire by seeking; to gain, obtain, or acquire.
- (v. t.) To buy for a price.
- (v. t.) The act of seeking, getting, or obtaining anything.
- (v. t.) That which is obtained, got, or acquired, in any manner, honestly or dishonestly; property; possession; acquisition.