Purifying Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PurifyingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Purify
• PurifyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To grow or become pure or clear.
- (v. t.) To free from ceremonial or legal defilement.
- (v. t.) To free from improprieties or barbarisms; as, to purify a language.
- (v. t.) To make pure or clear from material defilement, admixture, or imperfection; to free from extraneous or noxious matter; as, to purify liquors or metals; to purify the blood; to purify the air.
- (v. t.) Hence, in figurative uses: (a) To free from guilt or moral defilement; as, to purify the heart.