Pursed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PursedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Purse
• PurseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) In Persia, the sum of 50 tomans.
- (n.) A sum of money offered as a prize, or collected as a present; as, to win the purse; to make up a purse.
- (n.) A small bag or pouch, the opening of which is made to draw together closely, used to carry money in; by extension, any receptacle for money carried on the person; a wallet; a pocketbook; a portemonnaie.
- (v. t.) To draw up or contract into folds or wrinkles, like the mouth of a purse; to pucker; to knit.
- (n.) In Turkey, the sum of 500 piasters.
- (v. t.) To put into a purse.
- (n.) A specific sum of money
- (v. i.) To steal purses; to rob.
- (n.) Hence, a treasury; finances; as, the public purse.